Georgia Family Lawyers Provide Effective, Compassionate Counsel
Augusta firm assists clients in Richmond, Burke and Columbia counties
Like each family, each family law concern is unique. To protect yourself and your children during a divorce, custody dispute or some other domestic situation requiring legal support, it’s best to find a knowledgeable attorney who’ll provided personalized counsel. Serving Georgia clients since 1988, Joseph T. Rhodes Law Firm in Augusta has dealt with the toughest situations and identified created, effective solutions to difficult family law challenges. No matter what emotions you’re feeling, asserting your legal rights is pivotal to your present and future well-being as the outcome of your proceeding will affect your life for years to come. We will provide the skilled representation you deserve while offering you the caring support you need.
Proven attorneys handle divorce, custody, child support and alimony matters
No matter what the particular family law concern entails, residents of Richmond, Columbia and Burke counties trust and recommend our firm. We are compassionate counselors who focus on finding sound, long-term solutions to challenges relating to:
- Divorce —Going through a divorce can cause enormous emotional and financial turmoil. We’ll make sure that you are aware of all of the options that exist when it’s time to dissolve your marriage. Whether key terms are uncontested or sharp differences exist regarding custody, property division or other issues, we’ll pursue a resolution that suits your needs.
- Child support — When parents break up, each one still must provide financial sustenance for their son or daughter regardless of who has physical custody. Our firm handles a complete array of child support matters including the establishment of initial rates, modification requests and enforcement actions when a noncustodial parent fails to make full, timely payments.
- Child custody — Even in the most bitter divorce, it is often worthwhile to seek agreement on matters relating to parenting time and legal authority over the children you share. We provide strong counsel on child custody arrangements and the enforcement of existing orders. By taking a personalized approach to each situation, our lawyers work diligently on building a framework that truly serves your child’s best interests and protects your parental bond.
- Alimony — Many spouses choose to contribute to their family’s well-being by handling household duties and spending their days with their children. However, when a divorce occurs, these wives and husbands might not have the ability to continue their standard living after years outside of the workforce. If alimony is an issue in your divorce we’ll explain how a court might rule and will press for a fair outcome.
- Equitable distribution — Under the Georgia Code, after a divorce, marital property is allocated using the equitable distribution standard if the spouses cannot agree on a division of assets and debts. During negotiations and litigation, our attorneys create an accurate appraisal of what’s at stake and guide our clients toward a favorable result.
Starting with a free initial consultation, our accomplished advocates will work hand in hand with you to formulate a plan designed to achieve your goals and relieve your stress.
Contact a knowledgeable Georgia family lawyer to schedule a free consultation
Joseph T. Rhodes Law Firm assists clients in Richmond, Columbia and Burke counties with a full range of family law concerns, including divorces and child custody matters. Please call 706-496-1616 or contact us online to make an appointment for a free initial consultation. Our office is located in Augusta.