About the Firm
Dedicated Augusta Lawyers Protect Clients’ Rights
Skilled attorneys advocate for Georgia residents in diverse legal matters
When facing a legal issue that may impact your family, business or freedom, you deserve the dedicated efforts of a resourceful attorney. The legal team at Joseph T. Rhodes Law Firm in Augusta, has been helping clients throughout Richmond, Columbia and Burke counties since 1988. We provide comprehensive support to Georgia residents in family law matters and a wide range of other areas, including personal injury, criminal defense, business law and medical regulatory compliance. Whether you are facing divorce, DUI charges or deportation, you can be confident of our straightforward legal advice and determined advocacy.
Resourceful firm provides comprehensive legal representation
Throughout Richmond, Columbia and Burke counties and other locations within Georgia, we have gained a strong reputation among the clients we’ve served. Every person and business we represent benefits from an attorney who is:
- Accomplished — As trial advocates and advisers, our firm has a track record of obtaining successful results. We have extensive knowledge of local courts and in every situation ensure that our clients’ interests are vigorously protected.
- Strategic — We are committed to delivering effective, long-term legal solutions in every circumstance. To do this, we take the time to outline the potential long-term consequences of various strategies and anticipate what might occur months or years down the road.
- Compassionate — Though our lawyers are aggressive litigators, we never forget the impact that legal proceedings have on families, individuals and businesses. Whatever type of matter you bring to us, we’ll respect your concerns and make every effort to alleviate your stress.
Our firm focuses on our clients’ well-being as we partner with them in their legal endeavors. We start by providing a free initial consultation so that you are armed with the knowledge you need to move forward.
Areas of Practice
Experienced advocates represent Georgians in a range of areas
Our lawyers offer skilled representation to individuals and companies in Georgia facing legal challenges in these areas:
- Family law— In a full range of family law matters, including divorces, child support disputes and adoptions, our experienced attorneys are dedicated to helping protect clients’ rights, children and finances. We also prepare prenuptial agreements to guard against serious, costly disputes that might occur later on.
- Divorce — When your marriage ends, our firm can handle every aspect of your divorce in a manner that is consistent with your goals and values. We’ll explain the legal standards governing alimony, equitable distribution, child custody and other issues that might affect you for a long time after the union is dissolved.
- Business law— We deliver knowledgeable business law counsel to owners and entrepreneurs and also advocate for them if litigation arises.
- Medical regulatory compliance— Medical regulatory compliance is becoming increasingly complicated for healthcare providers and employers. Our firm can help your business navigate this complex area of the law.
- Criminal defense— Any criminal conviction can have years of negative consequences, but an experienced criminal defense lawyer can help you reach a positive result whether you’re accused of a crime involving alleged violence, drunk driving or another type of offense. We also represent clients in domestic violence proceedings and investigate the facts behind each charge exhaustively.
- Personal injury — When you’ve been hurt because of someone else’s carelessness, our lawyers can accurately assess the compensation you might be entitled to in a personal injury claim. It doesn’t matter whether you were hurt in a car crash, a fall on an unsafe surface, or a different type of incident: we’ll press to achieve a maximum financial recovery.
- Immigration: The experienced attorneys at Joseph T. Rhodes Law Firm represent clients in cases involving employment-based immigration, family-based immigration, nonimmigrant visas, naturalization, deportation, international adoptions, green cards and more. They guide you through the complicated immigration process, allowing you to continue living your life.
From start to finish, you’ll have a true advocate on your side who’ll address all of your concerns while working diligently to secure the outcome you seek.
Contact an experienced Georgia attorney for a free initial consultation
Joseph T. Rhodes Law Firm has helped many Georgia residents achieve their objectives in family law matters and other situations. We represent clients in Richmond, Columbia and Burke counties as well as the surrounding areas. To learn how we can help you, please call 706-496-1616 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Augusta office.